Seminar for Company Secretaries
Registration is from 7.45am, when refreshments and light bites will be available. The seminar will start at 8.30am, finishing at about 10.30am, followed by coffee.
Content and Speakers
- David Styles (Director, Corporate Governance and Stewardship at The Financial Reporting Council) will explain the background behind the FRC’s recent consultation on the UK Corporate Governance Code and the Guidance on Board Effectiveness. He will also be available to answer delegate questions and will no doubt be receptive to feedback on the consultation, which expires on 28 February.
- Jon Edis-Bates (Director, Edis-Bates Associates) will highlight what the changes introduced by these consultation documents will mean in practice for listed PLC company secretaries, focusing on specific issues. Hopefully this session will also include feedback gathered prior to the event from company secretaries about the changes now proposed.
- Andrew Ninian (Director, Stewardship and Corporate Governance, The Investment Association) will cover the issues raised in the FRC’s initial consultation on the Stewardship Code. He will also tackle other topical issues, including the recently established public register of shareholder rebellions.
- Panel Discussion We are putting together a panel of leading industry experts who will provide their insights into the implementation of the changes proposed by the FRC. Kirsty Cooper (Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, Aviva plc) has already agreed to join us.
- Questions and Answers There will be an opportunity for delegates to ask questions of the speakers and to provide feedback to the FRC on their proposals.
Please note there is a cost to attend this event.