Our virtual event consists of 6 sessions over 4 days. A format designed to deliver high value content without interrupting your working day.
(The event will be a mixture of live and pre-recorded sessions.)
2020 was a year like no other. It began historically when, on 31 January, years of Brexit uncertainty were swept aside as the newly re-elected government took the UK out of the European Union. By spring, such worries had been eclipsed by an unforeseen national situation.
For those of us in the credit industry, it is hard to get a handle on the impact of 2020. This year we look at the changing financial environment – now and in the future, and how this is having a direct effect on consumers and the decisions they make.
In summary, the sessions will focus on:
- The year 2020 and how it has impacted the financial services sector
- Analyse how the latest economic statistics can paint a picture of what’s to come
- How companies have spring boarded digital transformation projects to support consumers more effectively
- The “new vulnerable” consumers and the roles of the FCA and technology
- We delve into new consumer borrowing research which investigates consumer attitudes to borrowing
- A sector focus on building societies, with emphasis on the role of strategy, mutuality, regionality and technology