What Are Portfolios?
EQ Riskfactor uses Portfolios as a way of putting clients into different groups. They can be broadly defined as two types, Fixed and Variable:
FIXED EXAMPLE: a Portfolio that is set up to show all the clients that are managed by an individual client manager.
- This Portfolio would enable a client manager to view all of their clients in one place at the click of a button.
- The Portfolio would only change as clients are added or removed from a client manager’s client list.
VARIABLE EXAMPLE: a Portfolio set up to show all clients with a DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) of over 60 days.
- This Portfolio would enable a user to get a high-level view of all clients that have a DSO over 60 days.
- The Portfolio would change on a daily basis as clients go above and below the 60 day DSO threshold.
Portfolios can also be used with a combination of both fixed and variable criteria. Using the examples above, a Portfolio could be set up to show all clients within a particular user’s client list that have a DSO over 60 days.
How To Set Up A Portfolio
- From the Dashboard menu click Portfolios and then Edit Portfolios.
- Click Add New Portfolio under Tasks.
- Give the Portfolio a name and chose whether it should be a Global, Team, or Personal Portfolio. If creating a Team portfolio, select the relevant team.
Global Portfolios will be visible to all EQ Riskfactor users in a company. Only users with sufficient permissions are able to create Global Portfolios. Team Portfolios will be visible to users in the selected team. Personal Portfolios will only be visible to the user who is creating the Portfolio. You are also able to edit existing Portfolios that are within the Edit Portfolios tab if you need to.
How To Customise A Portfolio
Once a Portfolio has been created there are various ways in which it can be configured.
There are 4 main options under the Task heading:
- Add New Criteria explained below.
- Add New Criteria Group enables you to add AND/OR groups. Any clients that meet all of the multiple criteria within an AND group will appear in a portfolio. Any clients that meet at least 1 of the criteria in an OR group will appear in the portfolio.
- Move Selected Criteria enables you to reorder criteria. Click the left-hand check box for the criterion you want to move and then click the right-hand circle to choose where to move it to. This is useful for prioritising AND/OR groups.
- Delete selected Criteria enables you to select the left-hand checkbox for single or multiple criteria that you want to remove from the Portfolio.
You can also set the Initial Aggregation and Initial Grid for the Portfolio.
Finally, you can set up Portfolios to be copied from another Portfolio in Advance Settings, in essence using an existing Portfolio as a template that can then be further customised.
Each month we review EQ Riskfactor and share our tips on getting the most from our software.