When the representative contacts Equiniti today, our role is to inform them what legal documents are required to formally register the death with us, and whether they would need to acquire a grant of probate based on the value of the shares the deceased held.
Naturally, this process can prove challenging, time consuming and costly for the deceased’s representative, at what is already a difficult time. As a result, and despite all of the information provided at the outset, an average of 10,000 share holdings a year remain unchanged for more than 12 months from the original notification of death.
In partnership with Kings Court Trust, Equiniti has developed a simple and easy to understand estate administration service for families and friends of the deceased who may require additional administration support during this difficult time.
Equiniti Bereavement Services enhances Equiniti’s current bereavement advice and support line, offering families free practical advice, and a full-scale estate administration service.
Equiniti and Kings Court Trust will use their combined knowledge and expertise to deliver a first-class service at a time when the deceased’s representatives are likely to need more support. Additionally, this new service will ensure that the registration of death and transfer of asset process is markedly quicker. The service also provides a simpler alternative to seeking advice from other legal services firms.
Equiniti will continue to deliver bereavement support for representatives of the deceased shareholder. Through our partnership with Kings Court Trust we will extend the service to deliver the following:
- A dedicated bereavement support line within the Equiniti contact centre and telephone agents trained in the handling of all bereavement calls.
- A process to assess customer needs for estate administration and probate assistance.
- A dedicated probate service team who will provide customers with a range of services from a free advice line through to home visits made by specialist trained consultants, within a fixed rate fee.
- A full end-to-end probate and estate administration service, providing customers with a dedicated case manager who has access to a range of specialists covering areas such as tax accounts, law and property.
- Online case-tracking service for probate assistance and full estate administration.
- Completion of Income and Inheritance Tax returns and supplementary forms
- Production of full estate accounts.
- A grant application service.
We have chosen to partner with Kings Court Trust as, like Equiniti, they have a philosophy and culture that is dedicated to putting the customer first and providing excellent value for money.
Kings Court Trust is one of the country’s most established estate administration providers. In total, it has administered around 5,000 estates and distributed over £850 million in inheritance to families. Its experienced staff have the expertise to administer complex estates. The team is committed to sensitivity and transparency and offer a guaranteed all-inclusive price based on the work required, rather than charging an hourly rate.
For more information on any of these topics please contact your relationship manager.
Ezine issue: January 2015