EQ Annual Conference 2019
Join us for EQ's flagship event to network with peers, share expertise and gain insight from industry experts and dynamic speakers. This year's conference will be held at New York's iconic and historic landmark Lotte New York Palace.
When & where
Calendar of events
Tuesday, Oct. 15
An optional welcome reception will be held at the Lotte New York Palace from 6-8 p.m. preceding the conference.
Wednesday, Oct. 16
- 7:30-8:30 am: Join us for networking & breakfast
- 8:30 am to noon: Conference kicks off with two general sessions and a mid-morning break
- Noon to 1 pm: Gourmet buffet-style lunch
- 1-3 pm: Your choice of two one-hour breakout sessions and a mid-afternoon break
- 3:15-4:15 pm: Keynote address
- 4:15-4:30 pm: Wrap up and close
Announcing our agenda
- Emerging matters of corporate governance
What keeps Boards up at night? A panel discussion on governance focuses and the impact on service excellence featuring non-executive directors.
Moderator: Dannette Smith, Secretary to the Board of Directors, UnitedHealth Group
- Escheatment audits: What you need to know
What's happening in unclaimed property audits? Hear case studies and real stories from recent audits.
Speaker: Freda Pepper, Counsel, Reed Smith
- Stay off the data breach list: Prevention and solutions
Learnings from the publicly traded companies that have felt the lasting impacts of cyber fraud. Protect your brand from reputational risk and strengthen data security infrastructure.
Speakers: Miles Edmundson, Business Information Security Officer, EQ
Simon Osamoh, Director of Compliance and Risk Management, EQ
- Insights to global capital markets
Case studies, highlights and trends from the capital markets team in the U.S. and U.K. covering everything from spin-offs, rights issues and a deeper look into what you can do today to prepare for your next corporate action.
Speakers: Joe Conte, Head of Corporate Actions, EQ
Paul Matthews, CEO, EQ Boardroom, Equiniti Group
Becky Paulson, Vice President, Account Management, EQ
- The wolf pack: How companies are defending against activism
How IR and Company Secretaries should be collaborating to prepare companies - large and small.
Moderator: Tom Kies, Executive Vice President, EQ Proxy Governance
Panelists: Keith Gottfried, Partner & Global Head of Shareholder Activism Defense; Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Gary LaBranche, FASAE, CAE, President & CEO, National Investor Relations Institute
Nick Lamplough, Partner, Joele Frank
- The expansion of ESG and the employee voice
How opening a dialogue with employees can build trust, increase satisfaction and pay off down the road.
Speakers: Rebecca Grattan, Chief People and Transformation Officer, Equiniti Group
Jim Wulforst, Executive Vice President, Head of Equity Compensation, EQ
- How business intelligence is transforming equity compensation
Utilize your participant data to drive powerful insights at the executive level. Walking through specific case studies, this session will give you the leverage you need to influence company decisions.
Speaker: Jim Wulforst, Executive Vice President, Head of Equity Compensation, EQ
Unpacking what’s new at EQ: Equity Compensation, Proxy Solicitation, Virtual Annual Meetings and shareholder and issuer portals.
Speakers: Adam Burke, Executive Vice President, Relationship Management, EQ
Bill Milbauer, Executive Vice President, National Sales Manager, EQ
Presenting our keynote speaker
We are delighted to present former CNBC Chief Economist and Squawk Box Co-Host Marci Rossell,
PhD, as our keynote speaker. She will energize you with her views and insights on finance, policy and media.
Who should attend
This year's conference is open to non-EQ clients. We encourage you to bring a professional peer who may find the conference informative.
- Investor relations professionals
- Corporate secretaries and corporate governance managers
- Shareholder services professionals