An annual meeting, whether it's held in-person, as a hybrid or virtual event, is one of a public company's largest responsibilities. Virtual annual meeting services provide a customizable technology solution that offers superior flexibility during uncertain times.
"Today’s environment highlights the need for resilient leaders. These high performers are adapting, making changes and embracing the new day," says EQ's Chris Ward, Vice President, Client Solutions. "Virtual annual meetings are an easy way to show the market and your shareholders that your house is in order and moving forward. Instill confidence in your company during changing times by implementing these simple best practices.”
3. Work with a trusted provider
Work with a trusted provider and consult with them every step of the way.
- Ensure that your provider has given clear instructions to your executive team and board members on how to join as a participant if they are not speaking.
- Ensure that your provider has a valid phone number for every speaker. The operator can bring them back in the meeting if they get disconnected.
- Schedule time with your provider for an initial review and walk-through prep sessions with speakers. You want to ensure that each speaker is comfortable with the platform. You don’t want the meeting day to be the first time that the speaker has seen the site.
- Have your provider give you a snapshot of attendance and statistics right before the meeting so you can assess how many are attending.