Understanding the work of a transfer agent isn't always cut and dried, especially when the future of your business and its shareholders are involved. According to the Securities Transfer Association, there are "over 130 transfer agents in the U.S. and Canada keep records for more than 15,000 issuers of securities, representing the investments of over 100 million registered shareholders."
In this informative white paper, you'll learn:
- The role of a transfer agent
- The difference between registered vs. beneficial shareholders
- Critical tasks that transfer agents manage
- Other services that transfer agents offer
- Why transfer agents are considered trusted advisors