Please watch for additional communications from us over the next weeks and months as we enhance our systems and technology.
Thank you very much for your business and for your loyalty and confidence in us.
RS Form to Update:
The Form 2678 provides issuer approval to have an agent file IRS returns and make deposits of tax withholding on your behalf. The form we currently have on file with the IRS appoints Wells Fargo Shareowner Services as your reporting agent under its Employer Identification Number (EIN). This new form will replace the current form and allow Equiniti Trust Company to perform these services as your transfer agent. If you are uncertain what EIN is currently on our records, please reach out to your relationship management team.
We would appreciate if you would please complete, sign and return this form by 3/1/2018.
Please review any website references, documents or filings (Proxy/10K/employee plan information, etc.), voicemail, email messages, with references to Wells Fargo as your transfer agent and make changes based on the following guidelines:
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. to be replaced with Equiniti Trust Company
- Wells Fargo Shareowner Services to be replaced with EQ Shareowner Services
- Any reference to solely Shareowner Services may remain the same
- Our addresses and phone numbers remain the same
The Dividend DDAs or funding accounts will not change.
Invoice funding information has changed. Please review your invoice closely to make necessary updates to your payment process.
A W-9 form will be available from your relationship management team.
If you have a link on your website to one of the Wells Fargo websites, please refer to the following:
- Shareowneronline.com – no changes are necessary. This link will continue to bring new investors and current shareowners to the shareholder website.
- Direct Stock Purchase and Dividend Reinvestment Plan links – no changes are necessary. These links will continue to direct to your plan documents.
- Other Wells Fargo websites - please contact your relationship management team to clarify if changes that may be required.
Investment Plan document changes:
Registered plans (S3 DSPP, S3 DRIP, ESPP’s)
Companies with a registered plan should consider amending or refiling their plan prospectus with the SEC. References to Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. as plan administrator or transfer agent need to be updated with the new name of Equiniti Trust Company.
- Plan amendment – this PDF contains the verbiage you may use if filing an amendment. Amendments should be considered within 90 days following close of the transaction.
- Plan refile – If you chose to refile at the close of the transaction contact your relationship manager and they will provide the updates needed to the plan prospectus. If scheduled to refile in 2018, you may wait until that time.
Please inform your relationship manager of your intention to make updates to your plan by amending or refiling.
WFSS bank sponsored plans (DSPP, DRIP, and DRS Sales Program)
Equiniti Trust Company is registered as a bank transfer agent and will be covered under the 1994 Securities Transfer Association “no action letter” that allows banks to offer a bank sponsored plan. Your current plan, covered under the Wells Fargo Bank Sponsored Plus Plan or InvestDIRECT Plan, will automatically transfer over to the Equiniti Trust Company bank sponsored plan. No action is required by you.
EQ will update brochures, forms, letters, and communications for the bank sponsored plans automatically. These changes will be made as soon as practicable after close, but within 90 days from close.
An amendment or refiling with the SEC is typically not necessary for an unregistered ESPP. If you choose to file an amendment or refile, contact your relationship management team and they will provide you with the necessary information to update your plan document.
EQ will communicate information about the transaction with your shareholders.
- A message will be printed on dividend and sales checks as well as plan and DRS statements
- A stand-alone mailing is planned for any shareholder who does not receive a statement or check.
- The “What’s New” section on the landing page will contain the announcement and FAQ’s (see PDF)
- Wells Fargo logo has been replaced with our new EQ by Equiniti logo
- References to Wells Fargo have been replaced with EQ
- There is a new banner on the landing page announcing the change
- PDF of the various communications to be sent to your shareholders