During Pride month, EQ will relaunch a global Inclusivity Charter: seven simple principles that encourage our colleagues to consider from the perspective of others, to value difference and advocate for change. Shaped by members of EQ’s diversity and inclusion networks, it shows that we don’t have to leave parts of our identity behind when we come to work.
- I accept that my worldview is shaped by my own experiences and that the same is true of others; we are all unique.
- I will seek to understand before making an assumption about how another person may be thinking, feeling or acting (learn about the challenges and prejudices faced by others).
- I will show respectful curiosity when finding out about someone else's experiences (be brave and ask rather than avoid a difficult subject, think carefully about what might come across as intrusive).
- I will look for the value in other's differences and the strength this brings to our organisation.
- I will speak out and hold other colleagues to account where I hear or see negative or disrespectful responses to others based on their personal characteristics.
- I will advocate for others who are in under-represented groups within EQ (publicly credit and amplify their ideas and views, use my own influence to open doors for others).
- I will strive to thoughtfully challenge the status quo when it comes to breaking down inequalities.