- Commitment to achieve Net Zero by 2040.
- Commitment to an absolute carbon reduction of 46.2% by 2029 (across scope 1,2 & 3 emissions).
This is aligned to the requirements of the Paris Agreement and is a supportable target to contribute towards keeping global temperatures below 1.5c˚ (compared to pre-industrial levels). We are seeking approval from the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) for these targets during 2022.
EQ has been actively working to reduce carbon since 2018. In that time, we’ve switched most UK sites to renewable energy supplies, made improvements to lighting and data centre cooling and reduced our property footprint.
Whilst we’ve already taken several positive measures to reduce emissions, further work and planning remains for us to achieve these targets. We expect EQ’s carbon reduction strategy to focus on these key areas:
The strategy is expected to include:
- Active carbon management through formal governance and decision-making processes;
- Ensure our partner organisations’ carbon reduction plans are aligned to our own as a minimum. Read our Supplier Code of Conduct;
- Further reduce our property footprint (such as consolidating floors where space isn’t used);
- Work with building owners to switch non-Equinti-owned contracts to renewable power;
- Further deploy LED lighting in our offices;
- Centralise some of our data centres into energy efficient colocation facilities; and
- Encourage and support colleagues to work and commute in the lowest carbon way.
We look forward to communicating our plans once formalised.