Marks and Spencer Group plc (M&S) barely needs an introduction. One of the UK’s leading and most beloved retailers, it has over 1,500 stores across the world. Founded in 1884, a strategy of digital transformation has been key in recent times. So that every single one of its 78,000 employees has the opportunity to become a shareholder, M&S offers an all-employee Sharesave Scheme and a Share Incentive Plan (SIP).
We developed a digital communications campaign aimed at all three audiences which was made up of:
- Creative videos Featuring the famous Percy Pig, the team produced short, creative videos to launch Sharesave. Designed to create discussion, drive engagement, and inform, they focused on promoting the increased monthly savings limit.
- An interactive microsite Rather than the usual printed brochure, a microsite was created which was linked to in emails and via a QR code printed on the invitation card and poster.
- A ‘teaser’ email An email went out to pique interest ahead of the official launch.
- Bitesize educational videos These covered subjects such as ‘What is Sharesave?’, ‘Budgeting for small savers’ and ‘Understanding share price movement and its impact on Sharesave’.
Objective 3: Drive greater digital engagement
- There were 7x as many visitors to the microsite on Day 1 compared to 2019.
- 5x more people visited the microsite over the course of the campaign than in the previous year.
- 88% of colleagues applied online – 24% more than in 2019.