What to look for in a transfer agent
- Client and shareholder satisfaction ratings
- Ability to effectively handle both traditional IPOs and SPAC IPOs
- Innovative technology functionality
- Data security
In this complex regulatory environment, it's important to choose a transfer agent that can grow with your company and provide expert guidance as you need it. They should have a reputation for accuracy and reliability, and have disciplined processes in place that protect your company from risk.
Most importantly, your transfer agent should respond quickly to your needs and treat your shareholders the way you would treat them if you could. A reputation for outstanding service and high satisfaction ratings in independent surveys, such as the Group Five annual benchmark survey, should be taken into account. For example, we recently received a 100% Group Five rating for these service areas:
- Overall client satisfaction rate
- Issuer service overall
- Overall shareholder service.
- Annual meeting service overall
Ultimately, your transfer agent becomes the face of your company to your shareholders. Now that you know what's at stake, you can make an informed decision.